Central Athletics Programme for January 2020
On behalf of Central Athletics, we would like to wish all our members, their family and friends a very happy and prosperous New Year.
We would also like to take this opportunity to welcome back all our existing members, our many new members and prospective new members after the holidays.
We will be resuming official training from the Vredenhof Clubhouse at Groote Schuur High School off Keurboom Road in Newlands from Tuesday 7 January 2020 at 18:30.
Please note that new 2020 licences are already available. Your 2019 licences are still valid until the end of January. Click here for more details: http://www.centralathletics.co.za/index.php/club-gear-and-apparel/
On Sunday 26 January Central Athletics will be hosting our Annual Awards and Annual General Meeting (AGM) at Groote Schuur High School at our Vredenhof Clubhouse at 15:30 off Keurboom Road in Newlands.
Besides celebrating the excellent performances and brilliant achievement of our runners, we will also be electing a new executive committee to take our club forward into the sixth year of our existence.
We urge all members who feel they can contribute to avail themselves for the various portfolios on the exco. A copy of the club’s constitution and details of the different roles can be found here: http://www.centralathletics.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Constitution_of_Central_Athletics_Club.pdf
Races and activities for the month of January 2020:
- The Beachcomber 15km Road Race hosted by Stragglers Athletic Club will be taking place on Saturday 4 January 2020 starting at Strandfontein Pavilion at 06:30. Entries for this race can be taken on the day on the morning of the race.
- On Sunday 5 January the club will be hosting an LSD starting at Constantia Virgin Active Parking Area at 06:30 – It will be a two-hour easy run. Runners of all abilities are welcome.
- The Hohenort 15km Road race will start at the Alphen Centre in Constantia Main Road at 06:00 on Saturday 11 January.
- The first in the series of six official Two Oceans Marathon Training Runs will take place on Sunday 12 January. The Run hosted by Bo-Kaap, Walmers and Langa AC will start at Green Point Track in Cape Town. There will be options of 14km and 24km for the half marathon and ultra-marathon runners respectively. The route will be in the direction of Camps Bay and Twelve Apostles.
- The first of the Super League Trail Series takes place on Tuesday 14 January at the Kirstenbosch Gardens hosted by Wild Runner. There will be options of 16km, 10km and 6km starting at 19:00.
- Saturday 18 January – Western Province Athletics (WPA) League 1 takes place at Green Point Stadium at 08:00. Contact WPA Office 021 418 3232 for more details.
- The Bay to Bay 30km and 15km Road race takes place on Sunday 19 January 2020 starting at 05:30 at Maiden’s Cove, Camps Bay.
- Friday 24 January 2020 WPA Multi-Events & Little Athletics at the Parow Track starting at 16:00 tel 021 418 3232 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 25 January 2020 – STBB Red Hill Marathon and 36km Classic at the Silberglades Sport Complex in Fish Hoek at 05:30 hosted by Fish Hoek AC contact: Marieta Stevens 073 470 4444 email@example.com
- Sunday 26 January Central Athletics Annual Awards and AGM at Groote Schuur High School Vredenhof Clubhouse at 15:30.
- Wednesday 29 January – Curro Brackenfell 10km Challenge Meridian Pinehurst, Uitzicht starting at 18:40 hosted by Brackenfell AC Contact Leon Visser on 072 222 6843 and email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 1 February Spartan Harriers Firgrove Challenge with Discovery Vitality 21.1km starts at the Academy for Mathematics Science & Technology, Tokai at 06:00. Hosted bySpartan Harriers AC. Contactr Michael Adams 083 296 5953 email: email@example.com
- Sunday 2 February 2020- Trail Series Super League 2 – Lebanon Forest starting at 06:30 – distances 25km, 15km, 8km – Wild Runner – 072 438 3242; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 2 February – Two Oceans Training Run 2 hosted by Ommiedraai AC, Old Mutual AC and Gugulethu AC from Rosmead Sports Complex. Distances 15km and 25km strating at 05:30 and 06:30.